Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Days Without Television

Yep, that's right. We are without t.v. right now, due to lack of payment. :-P
Not that we don't have any channels at all- which is really weird- we do still receive some of the news and Christian channels. Also, it's not that I actually watch t.v. a lot. Quite honestly, I don't very much at all. It's more a matter of my mom watches it most of the day, and I'm always in the livingroom, so I always see it.
I do have my shows that I enjoy (as you can see from one of the lists on the side of this page), but I don't have any shows right now that are absolute must sees. However, my mom is currently mourning the loss of being able to watch The Biggest Loser and American Idol tonight. :-P

So, where have I been and what have I been doing since Valentine's Day? Mostly reading and watching DVDs. You see, all the wonderful goodies I bought with part of my tax return came during the past week, and I have been going through and getting to know them and letting them get to know me.
What all did I get? Well, for starters, I got a new set of season 4 Doctor Who DVDs, as my old set didn't work pretty much since I got them, but  I didn't realize that until it was too late to return them. My bad.
I also got the DVD of the Classic Who episode "The Sontaran Experiment" with the Fourth Doctor played by Tom Baker.
Most squeeably I got the first season DVDs of the BBC's show Merlin! ^.^ There is much squeeage and smiles among my life just with that! (and might I highly recommend the episode ten commentary- absolutely hilarious!) Still, that wasn't all! I finally got, after years of wanting, and down right needing, a NOOK!!!! :-D ^.^ :-D ^.^
Let's face it, with how much I love to read and travel, and how I always try to have a book with me, a NOOK really was a neccessity. My purse is only so big, you know.
All that I was able to get, plus a nice cover for my NOOK plus a bunch of NOOKbooks (including the full CoN), and still be able to put some money toward bills, and a new pair of pants for work, and for three pairs of some much needed new stump socks. Now with the money I got from my taxes, plus whatever I get from the fund raiser at work, I hope to be able to get as close as possible to a whole week's worth of socks.
God has given me great blessings. :-)

And I just finished reading The Hobbit. Yes, it is the first time I've read it all the way through- so sue me. The first time I tried, years ago, I couldn't even get into the first chapter. Now, I got through the whole book, and I liked it, though I think I still prefer the storyline of LotR, better. (though I haven't finished the actual books for that, either...just "Fellowship")

I'm afraid I haven't written anything new, yet. Still, the ideas for the main part of the story are starting to swarm around in my head. We'll see what happens in the near future.
*snugs*



Song stuck in my head right now:
"Inspiration" by Ken Blount

No comments: