Monday, September 5, 2011

The Rest of The Challenge

Considering there were a couple more days comming up that I had no answer for, I figured I should be able to finish up the entire rest of the Challenge in one post.

Day 11- Favorite Femail Author

Now that one is easier to answer!
I read a lot of works by femail authors. In fact, I didn't even realize how many male authors I do actually read until that was one of the challenge questions!
I don't have just one favorite, though. I have several that I love for different reasons. Since there is no way that I could choose only one, I shall name the ones I love most enough to read over and over consistantly:

Frances Hodgson Burnett
Robin Jones Gunn
Jane Austen
Gail Carson Levine
Noel Streatfeild
Patricia H. Rushford

Many of the authoresses I just listed write for younger people as their main audiance, but I don't care. I love their books. And several of them do have books for adults, too. ;-)


Days 12 & 13- Song and Book About Writing

I'm afraid I can't answer these, as I don't really know any. I've never read any books about writing, and the only song I could possibly think of would take me forever to dig up, plus,  if I remember correctly, had a tiny bit of language in it...so I wouldn't want to post that on here. However, if you ever look up the NaNoWriMo song, it's worth a listen.

Day 14- Favorite Quote

My favorite quote about books I actually got off the 1994 movie version of Little Women. Whether it is actually from the book or not, it's been so long I can't remember. So, I'm not sure if it is an actuall Alcott quote, or not, but I love it anyway.
"Some books are so familiar that reading them is like being home."
My second favorite would have to be the Lewis book and tea quote. ;-)


Day 15- Music You Write To

I'm afraid I don't have a favorite song to write to, because I don't like writing while listening to music if I can help it. I absolutely love music, and I've come across many songs that inspire some thing or other in my stories. In fact, the book that I eventually plan to write So She Dances was inspired by the Josh Groban song of that title. But I just seem to be one of those people who, usually, cannot write with music on because it distracts me too much. That said, most of the time, I also can't write unless there is some sorce of background noise to drown out. Silence distracts me just as much as music, it seems.
On those rare instances where I can or do write with music on, it has to be instrumental- no lyrics, or I will be distracted by singing along. The style, however, could vary between classical, celtic, jazz, movie scores, worship, or miscellaneous instrumentals....even soundscapes! I'm very ecclectic.



And that concludes my forray into this writing challenge!
If you would like to try your hand at it, just go to Lerowen's blog to get the details!

No comments: