Friday, March 30, 2012

Tagged But Not Tagged

 Well, Megan said she's tagging all her friends who want to do this, and I thought it would be fun to do it. :-)
Only, I'm going to include the eleven random facts, too.
Also, as I don't have very many followers (and only a few of them actually have blogs, and even fewer of them by all I can tell actually read my blog, and even fewer of them actually comment on it), I will be tagging people, but some of them will be friends of mine from other places. Also, if you have been tagged, don't feel obligated to make a post yourself. You can if you want, but if I tag you, it's because I just really want to know your answers to the questions...so you can answer them via a comment on my post, or through email, Facebook, or even TLC PM (for some of you) if you want. Also, you can answer them even if I didn't tag you, of course. ;-)

11 Random Facts:

1. I was born with a hereditary birth defect called bilateral tibial hemimelia, and therefore had both of my legs amputated when I was three or four years old.

2. I love The Dick Van Dyke show.

3. Most of the space taken up on my computer's memory tends to be screen caps I take from various movies and tv shows.

4. I collect historical costume, cultural, and literary paper dolls.

5. I just got my first smart phone back in October, and I've been completely distracted from reading a lot since. (Bad me!)

6. My favorite fairy tale is Thousand Furs. (also called Many Furs)

7. I am currently addicted to the Tudor Scene maker at Azaleasdolls.com. :-P

8. I am 28 years old and I have yet to have a boyfriend or go on a date. (What's wrong with the men out there!) Eh....I'm picky anyway.

9. I love beef tamales.

10. I love reading new books, but I also have several series I love reading over and over again.

11. My dream career outside of ministry (but can also be incorporated into ministry) is to do freelance photography- mainly journalistic, artistic/decorative, and creative portraits. My favorite kinds of photos to take are travel/city, architectural, and floral/still life.

Now for the questions:

1. What is the last full sentence you read?  The question you just asked me, if that counts.

2. What is your Myers-Briggs type? Do you think it is accurate/relevant?  I am INFJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging) and I think it is really quite accurate.


3. Which of the seven dwarves from Snow White do you most identify with?  I assume you're talking about the Disney movie version, as in the original Grimm tale the dwarfs were not named, and therefore many different versions of the story have used many different names for them. Anywho, going with the Disney names, I'd say Bashful. Although, there is Dreamy...or Stealthy, the long lost eighth dwarf.

4. How would you (poetically) describe your eye colour?  I stared at my eyes all while brushing my teeth this morning, thinking this answer out. I came to the conclusion "A creamy mixture of melted dark and milk chocolate, and complimentive to amber". I've actually been told the amber part.

5. What accent do you find the most attractive?  British accent, of course! Especially the really high end kind that you hear in BBC period dramas.

6. Which world cultures intrigue you the most?  Just call me Euro-girl! I love all sorts of European cultures, but especially Irish, British (primarily English and Welsh), Polish, and French.

7. What is your voice range?  Well, are you asking speaking voice or singing voice? Since I really don't know how to describe my speaking voice range, other than young and feminine, I will go with  singing voice. I am a second soprano, and if I have properly warmed up and supporting myself right, I can get up to a high E  and still have proper support.

8. Are you an emotional reader/viewer, or do books and television leave you generally unaffected?  I'd say it really depends on what I'm reading or watching. Some things I can read or watch and say, "That was nice," and put it away. While other things will stay with me forever, and maybe even bring me close to tears. But there's only one scene in one book I've ever actually cried over, I've never cried over a tv show, and the only movie I've cried at was The Passion.

9. How do you unwind at the end of the day?  Well, when I get home from work, the first thing I do is get on my computer and check my email, Etsy, Facebook, blog, and The Lions Call; so I guess I'd have  to say I get on my computer and veg out for a while. That's not the end of the day, but that is what I do most of the time between work and bed- just add in computer/phone games, reading, a little writing, a little tv (mostly half watching whatever my mom has on), and maybe a movie....if I don't have things that absolutely need to get done.

10. Do you remember your dreams?  Some I do, yes. Not necessarily whole dreams, but there are some where I still remember parts quite well. There are a few dreams I've had, however, that God used to speak to me through, and I remember those almost as clearly as if I had just dreamed them.

11. What is your favourite punctuation mark?  Hee hee! I think that's rather obvious...don't you? It would have to be ! and ... Though , and ; come in close second. ;-)




Now my questions for you:

1. Would you rather have lunch at a cafe (like Panera Bread) or have dinner at a really fancy restaurant?
2. What country outside of your own country would you love to visit someday?
3. Likewise, what city within your own country would you love to visit?
4. What verse (or passage) of the Bible is your favorite, and what has caused it to be so?
5. Would you rather live by a lake surrounded by woods, on a bright sandy beach, or inland surrounded by fields?
6. Are you more of a city person or a country person? Or that happy medium of a town?
7. Would you rather have a dessert full of chocolate or full of fruit?
8. Does your living space tend to be a complete mess, an organized mess, or neat as a pin?
9. If you could learn to play any instrument what would it be? (If you already play any instruments, please pick one you don't currently play.)
10. If, for some reason, the television has to be on, but you don't want to pay attention to what is on, would you rather put it on a cooking show or a kids show?
11. What would be your ideal day (from morning to night) spent with friends?




Here are the people I would like to hear back from most (and, remember, you don't have to make an actual post, you can just answer the questions in a comment, email, via FB, or whatever):

Ajnos
Alex
Anna
Katie
Caroline
Becca
Rachel
Rachael
Alia
Moriah
Swan
Lys
Tooky
Lexi
Tammy
And, yes, Megan, I'd like to see your answers, too. ;-P

1 comment:

Megan Langham said...

Haha, I love that you mentioned Stealthy! And I'm addicted to the Tudor Dolls creator, too. I've made nearly all my characters on it. ;P As for the questions:

1. Fancy restaurants intimidate me a bit. O.o In my experience, cafes are much more charming and comfortable. (I adore ethnic restaurants, though - I think I would choose The Jerusalem Cafe over any other options.)
2. Great Britain/Ireland, tops. I really would love to tour all of Europe someday, but the "great damp foggy island northeast of Ushant" is my dream destination.
3. I can't see myself enjoying any American city more than I do Portland, but New York would be fun to visit. Actually, I'd love to visit anywhere in New England just for the history.
4. Hmm... I don't think I could choose just one favourite Bible passage. It would change by the week! But John 17 has always been more than usually special to me.
5. I adore trees, so... the lake surrounded by woods. The bright sunny beach isn't all that attractive to me, though. ;)
6. Country. I like to visit the city regularly, but I'd rather live in a secluded country cottage than anywhere else.
7. Oh, fruit. I'm fond of chocolate, but too much of it is... too much. And one can never have too much fruit. ;)
8. "Organised mess" is an excellent way to describe it! It's always a bit cluttered and here-and-there, even when I've tidied it, but I know where everything else. And that's the important thing.
9. Either the flute or the violin - they're both absolutely lovely, and I already play the piano.
10. A kids' show. For some reason I abhor cooking shows. I have no idea why - I just do.
11. Without going into too much detail, I'd like for us to go out for breakfast and spend a leisurely morning before an afternoon out on the town at bookstores, cafes and such; have supper at a lovely little restaurant; and be home before dark to spend a leisurely evening (I like my leisure!) chatting together over a card game and watching our favourite episodes of Doctor Who.

(Now I want to gather every single one of my friends together and do just that! Bother distances, and such. ;P)