Thursday, February 23, 2012

Beautiful People- February: Dominic Chase

  So, it's that time again, and if you want to check out what Beautiful People is about, just visit Georgianna's blog. This month's questions just seemed to lend themselves to my character Dominic from my current work-in-progress So She Dances. And they have definitely led me to discover some things about his background that I had never realized before. So, here goes.


1. If your character could be played by an actor, who would it be?  Well, from the picture it should be obvious. Bradley James, all the way!

2. Does your character have a specific theme song?  Not really, though, "You're So Vain" does come to mind... Also, I think, if he were to finally one day get saved (no, he is not currently a Christian), it would be the Newsboys song "Joy".

3. What's their worst childhood memory?  I'll try to summerize a long-ish story. Basically his aunt moved in with his family when she got kicked out of her parents' house after getting pregnant- unwed. Without telling any of them until after she had done so, Dominic's aunt had an abortion. She soon suffered severe emotional trauma, which affected the whole family. Dominic was only seven years oldd at the time, but it is the basis for an answer to a question below.
 
4. If your character had a superpower, what would it be?  It would be super strength- so he could impress the girls even more.
 
5. If your character crashed on an island with a bunch of other people, how could your character help the group survive?  I think he would more annoy the other people than help them, especially since he does have strong leadership qualities but he would want to use those to try to get people to do things his way and not anyone else's. However, if no one stepped up to lead and organize, he would probably do it...but people would still think him bossy.

6. Are they married? If not, do they someday wish to be?  No, he's not. He does want to get married, but only to a girl he thinks is worthy of himself.
 
7. What is a cause they would die for?   In spite of all his faults, one thing he feels very strongly about, due to the event mentioned above, is that he is strongly Pro-Life. I don't know if he would neccessarily go so far as to die for it, but it could come close.

8. Would they rather die fighting valiantly, or quietly at home?  Fighting valiantly. Definitely. He feels that if it were any other way, people would think less of him.

9. If a stranger walked up to them and told them they were the child of the prophesy, would they believe them?  No way! Now, he would probably think that if anyone had the ability to be, it would be himself, and that it would probably be cool, but he would never take it seriously- and he would think the person batty.
 
10. Do they prefer the country, or the city?  City boy, all the way. There are very few instances where you would actually catch him in the country...and I can't think of them off hand.

2 comments:

Megan Langham said...

For some reason your posts aren't showing up in my reader even though I am following your blog... :/ Odd, that.

Anyway, I have to admit that I'm thoroughly entertained by Dominic. (He doesn't fit the image that his name has in my head, which makes for an interesting reading!) Also is "theme song" made me giggle. ;P

Ah, yes, I can definitely see how he and Evan would clash. Dominic is all sparks, and Evan's flint, and between them I think they would make a fine blaze. Dangerous, but fine.

Rhoswen Faerie Wrose said...

Yah.... I've been having issues with Blogger lately. If you saw my last FB status you'll see what I mean.
I just downloaded Chrome, so we'll see if that corrects the issues. I'll also do a test post.

Anywho...what image did pop into your head?